Tuesday, January 29, 2013

But it Would Make for a Different Kind of Superbowl

In one ear I'm picking up one of those commercials where they try to tell you that you may qualify for a free scooter chair.  One of the questions is:

Have you fallen in the last twelve months? 

Well, um, actually yes. Maybe the last week.  But at least if you lead an active and vigorous life (if, e.g., you are not in a scooter chair) hasn't everybody?    Do I really want to be snared in a net that would catch Colin Kaepernick?

Seems to me it's a little like the doctor asking you if you have a cough.  Of course  I have a cough.  Everybody has a cough, all of the time.  It's a component of breathing.

Just to be clear, I have no beef with people who need chairs.  But I do think we are seeing a bit of entrepreneurial overstretch.  Pardon while I go change the channel.  Or pull the plug.  Just be careful to keep my balance.

1 comment:

dilbert dogbert said...

"In one ear I'm picking up one of those commercials where they try to tell you that you may qualify for a free scooter chair."

You have to be an active Tea Party member to get the free one.